MATERIAL HANDLER - Midland, TX
Click here to send an anonymous request to the seller to upload a photo for this ad
MATERIAL HANDLER - Midland, TX (Contract)
Pay Rate: 20hr
• Monday to Friday: 5pm to 3am / 1-hour break with rotating weekends
• Responsible for material handling and movement including loading/unloading, storing, picking, issuing, packing/unpacking, and labeling of Materials.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Performs unloading, inspection, storing, picking, issuing, packing, labeling, loading, and disposal of inventory items.
• Accepts supplier deliveries checking actual items received are in a suitable condition and per the packing list and/or purchase order and reports discrepancies.
• Optimizes warehouse bin locations to improve efficiency & safety.
• Maintains a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse and shipping/receiving areas.
• Performs inventory cycle counting and supports in periodical physical counts.
• Investigates and resolves local inventory & warehouse issues, as requested by supervisor.
• Ensures compliance with established policies, procedures & Standards.
• Complies with applicable company policies including, but not limited, to personnel and QHSE.
• May be required to operate a forklift, or other materials handling equipment, on completion of training and certification.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items above and below shoulder height and perform continuous standing, walking, reaching, and bending duties.
• Read, interpret, and carry out written and oral instructions
• Write legibly
• Prepare and maintain routine records
• Determine the quality and quantity of materials received concerning prescribed specifications
• Perform accurate arithmetical calculations
• Work under pressure
• Maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers
• Organize and prioritize work
• Interpret the information contained in parts and service manuals
• Understand and utilize technical repair terminology and concepts
• Use computer terminal for data entry into SAP Inventory Management System
• Use light machinery, that may include a forklift once training and certification have been completed