Direct Care Support Staff
The Resident Assistant provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. You will foster a homelike atmosphere throughout the community.
Business Address: 7126 Heath St. Houston Tx. 77016
Assist the individuals in attaining and maintaining independent living to support their plan for life.
Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following pre-planned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance – including emergency call pendants, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
Develop a rapport with residents and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship.
• Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
• High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
• High School diploma or GED required
• 6 months to 1 year of prior resident care experience, preferably with seniors
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong problem-solving skills, good judgement and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPPA requirements
• CPR Certified
• Medical Aid (Preferred)