Hiring CDL Class A Drivers
POSITION SUMMARY: A Driver- CDL (A) is responsible for safely operating a semi-tractor and trailer and providing prompt, courteous services for clients. In addition, a Driver – CDL (A) is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
• Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to read route sheet, follow map and service each client as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load, operate and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
• Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers, and others daily to ensure all routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is always operationally ready to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body (where appropriate) on each disposal trip.
• Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs, and other reports, as required.
Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner toward clients and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Prior experience driving commercial trucks preferred, Clean driving record and medical Dot card.
• Class A or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
Big Tyme Trucking is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
** Manual transmission **
** Clean Driving Record **
Big Tyme Trucking