Click here to send an anonymous request to the seller to upload a photo for this ad
Seeking Teacher Position for a Private Christian School
Full Time Duration: School Year per contract
Reporting to: Dean of Faculty/Principal/Head of School
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Hours: (8:00am- 4:00pm)
Currently looking: Chemistry, Geometry, Physics (part time)
Science, Math, IPC (part time)
Elementary Teacher (Full time)
The role and responsibilities of this position are to support the mission of Genesis Christian School. The successful candidate will possess the skills and have demonstrated success in teaching to grade school and/or high school students. Work cooperatively with team.
• Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
• Follow the faculty expectations outlined in faculty handbook.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
• Be familiar and enforce student handbook policies.
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust strategies.
• Prepare required reports on students and activities.
• Participate in department, school and parent meetings.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and needs.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
• Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments in a timely fashion and update systems accordingly.
• Communicate and partner with parents in a timely manner.
• Participate in student/faculty activities (such as lunch duty, faculty meetings, in-service activities).
• Follow school emergency procedures.
• Other duties as deemed necessary by the Department Chair, Dean of Faculty, Principal, Head of School.
• Professional attitude and appearance
Must have a valid teacher certification or ability to obtain one within first year of hire. The candidate should also demonstrate excellent classroom management skills, age-appropriate teaching strategies, and appropriate use of technology to enhance student performance. Develop an active faith community and model Christian values. Incorporate prayer and spiritual formation within the student, faculty/staff and parent communities. Applicants who possess a valid teaching certificate and/or degree in the field will be given preference.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume with a list of (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.