Click here to send an anonymous request to the seller to upload a photo for this ad
You will be tasked with a variety of duties to support the lawyer, including maintaining firm calendar, drafting documents, providing guidance to other staff, contacting clients, and maintaining and organizing files. You will also help lawyers prepare for corporate meetings, trials, and hearings. You will also be responsible for using electronic database management for electronic discovery related to a trial, such as websites, accounting databases, documents, data, and emails.
Skills and Qualifications
· High school diploma or GED required, college degree or enrollment preferred, paralegal certificate preferred
· efile experience
· Familiarity with legal procedures and protocols and the court system
· Computer literacy and satisfactory knowledge of daily operations of a legal office
The Paralegal directly supports lawyers and may also be required to supervise other legal staff, such as legal assistants, receptionists, legal secretaries, or file clerks.
The Paralegal should have computer and technical knowledge as well as strong analytical, written and oral communication, and organizational skills.
· Keeper of the firm calendar – responsible for all deadlines
· File all filings and propound discovery and serve parties
· Responsible for SOP for all cases
· Maintain firm expense per case – payment of vendors
· Responsible for updating (or ensuring that it is done) – all summaries and charts for each case (expenses, records, medical chron, billing summary)
· Work with staff to process all medical records, summarize and organize same.
· Creation of documents (word processing), forms, formatting, tabulations, calculations, proofing, and handling through execution, filing, delivery, and recordation/logging.
· Assessment and coordination of information gathered from clients, documents, records, discovery, within the framework of the matter undertaken and goals relating thereto.
· Assessment of matters and issues under consideration, within the context of the goals of the client and of the office, and the applicable rules, elemental requirements of the matter, and time frames relevant thereto.
· Consideration of matters undertaken with a goal of prosecuting within the trial context (or mediation or arbitration), relative to other existing cases and duties, disclosure of and notification of witnesses, coordination of witnesses and supporting evidence and exhibits, though the governing process. This is to include Pretrial, Prehearing, or other such Statements or proofs, and arrangements for participating and presentation at all necessary proceedings.
· Everything having a home, with ability to locate appropriate documents, as and when needed.
· Opening of client, administrative, and project files. Filing, file maintenance and organization, and file closing.
· Assisting lawyers in preparing for depositions, hearings, trials, and conferences; completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases.
· Investigating the factual evidence of a transaction or case and preparing exhibits, charts and diagrams to display information
· Drafting legal court documents, such as pleadings, motions, affidavits and subpoenas under the supervision of the Founder or other Firm attorneys.
· Review, synthesizing, summarizing, organizing, managing and maintaining information (facts, law, etc.) relative to a project or client matter, and organizing and maintaining the supporting or evidentiary documents relating thereto.
· Drafting initial pleadings, discovery, and administrative filings within the framework of the applicable rules and under the direct supervision of the attorneys.
· Drafting and responding to Interrogatories, Requests for Production of Documents, Requests for Admissions, Subponae Duces Tecum, and other Court documents as required and working with file information and materials, and clients, to carry out the answering/responding to such requests under the direct supervision of the attorneys.
· Organizing and tracking files for important transactions or case documents, including pleadings and voluminous discovery documents; maintaining and updating the case-management database.
· Investigate case facts to ensure the consideration of all relevant information.
· Organize, analyze, and compile information.
· Collect and record exhibits.
· Support attorneys in trials, mediations, and arbitrations.
· Track and organize files from case documents to facilitate access and availability for attorneys.
· Manage other law office staff and delegate responsibilities.
In addition to the above tasks, the Paralegal must be proficient with the following:
· Intake information of/from new clients or of prospective new matters. Meeting with new clients for intake of initial matter information.
· Obtaining information of, about, or from witnesses (including clients), with associated assessment and coordination relative to information gathered from clients, documents, records, discovery, within the framework of the matter undertaken and goals relating to such matter.
· Intake all medical records and process same.
· Maintain financial records, track hours, and bill clients.
· Daily tasks handled by Attorney and Manager.